Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Full Moon Mania

So now that I am getting a little bit more settled - unpacked, cleaned, started some part time work, in the midst of my online classes, and starting a new educational technology blog....I can finally start getting back into my magical groove as well.  I've certainly been missing it, hardly even feeling like a witch. Afterall, as they all say, it's a way of life.  I made it back to my class to participate in my year and a day ceremony.

But more importantly on that front, I managed to get my etsy shop open and listed an item or two from my wedding (with more to come!). It's a good start to have a few items listed but as I've discussed in previous posts, my end goal was to make homemade soy candles for household magic and general decorations alike.  Usually I am morbidly unprepared for the various holidays and cycles. Short of stopping by a CUUPS ceremony, I don't generally have the items or ritual prepared for my own solitary work, and each time I watch a sabbat or esbat come and go with not much more than a meditation.  Sad, I know.

But alas!  I opened my planner, saw that beautiful and exciting white circle indicating a full moon.  I had some work to complete and dinner to make/eat with the husband but I got it all done and sent him off to bed. I stayed up, prepped my jars, cleansed them with the elements and a small chant (after starting with a very thorough physical cleaning, of course).  As I was using glass jars I emptied and cleaned from my own items I wanted to make sure the essence of pasta was not lingering and muddling up our intents here.  I melted a big batch of soy wax, added lilac scent for a light, heavenly sense, and finally covered the top (didn't wan't bugs in my fresh wax) and left the candles out to bask in the full moon glow overnight.  I finally have full moon candles ready to be decorated and listed on my site - so keep an eye out!  If we can get this kicked off, I may find more types of containers online and try to keep a steady and consistent design going.

But guess what, that's not all!  I found a simple, quick full moon spell in my witch's almanac for Monday and was able to do before getting ready for bed. The husband even decided to join in, and he's normally a little intimidated about actually doing spells as opposed to just celebrating sabbats in a group ritual.  This one involved only paper, pen, and some water. We wrote a wish for ourselves on the paper, said a chant provided by the almanac, and tossed our wishes into the water while sitting on the porch under the moon.  I must say, I'm rather proud of my full moon participation this time around. As a solitary, it's usually pretty hard to make sure I don't have work/school/family/friends preventing me from setting time aside. But I believe the secret will be preparation ahead of time, and finding quick simply things to do alone (or with a loved one!) to remind us of the special events that continue around us, with or without our noticing.

No comments:

Post a Comment