Saturday, December 29, 2012

Light on the Favors

I have finally been able to catch up on a few wedding projects over the break.  I don't have all of my RSVP's yet, but I have more than half of them so I was able to get cracking on my wedding favors.  Anyone whose working on this sort of thing might have realized that for some crazy reason most websites want you to spend around $2 a person for favors, which adds up quickly since most weddings are around 100 guests.  I was not ready to settle for that.  Especially when these $2 did not even seem very unique or personal.


I found a great site: save-on-crafts.com. This site has so many random craft supplies for all kinds of projects. It may not be the best organized website, but worth a look if you find something that will work for you. I managed to find some great natural beeswax votive candles, 48 for $25!  While plain looking, at that price I knew I could come up with something.  I later went to Michael's and bought a can of chalkboard spray paint.  I taped off the candles with blue painter's tape and with the help of a friend, we knocked out almost all of these in a weekend.


After all the chalkboard strips had dried on the glass, I used a chalk marker in a sort of sage green color to go with my woodsy theme to write the guests' names and the date of the wedding on them.  A vine flourish made them look unique, personal, and classy.

Nearly done now, I just have some pink/natural colored raffia strings to tie bows on them (pink for girls, natural for boys) and will top with lavender oil and iridescent glitter inside the candle to finish. I am trying to wait on the oil until the last minute so it stays fresh and fragrant :)  I can't wait to see these all over the room, marking the guests' places at their table and am curious to see if 90 lavender anointed candles will add a romantic aroma to the reception!

No comments:

Post a Comment