Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Home and Hearth

With the spirit of spring cleaning in mind, I thought I might share about today's witchy activity based on Llewelyn's Witches' Spell-A-Day Almanac.  The entry for today was about clearing out negativity.  Not to mention my dogs have left wonderful gifts of floating hair tumbleweeds around the house.

I don't know how it all works, but I do acknowledge that we feel the effect of positive or negative energies daily.  Some days you just feel in a funk, weighed down, or groggy. I've found correlations of this with the moods of the other people in my house, or the weather.  Simultaneously a very cheery friend can instantly lift your spirits.

Whatever the scientific explanation, I do believe in the power of these energies on a psychological level and how, by extension, a spiritual cleansing of the home can trigger a change in mentality.  The very fact that you are acknowledging and addressing the issue of energy in your home will allow you to focus attention on your own energy and how you feel in your home.  The attention-directing nature of these cleansing rituals can thus be successful and leave your home feeling open, happy, and safe by altering your own perception of your home.



I first went over the floors with my very modern broom (AKA vacuum) and then set up a candle as per the Almanac.  While it asked for a grey taper candle, it is always alright to use what is available here (for me, a white tealight).  This is about your connecting and believing in the process to effect perceptual change, and in turn, manifesting better feelings.  I did, however have the purifying herbs to surround the candle with - rosemary, bay leaves, and parsley. I feel lighter already!





No comments:

Post a Comment