Friday, March 8, 2013

Restroom Reno


So I realized that with school and job hunts, I have completely neglected posting about the renovations and home improvements that have gone on in the background.  We finally got around to fixing up our bathroom a few months ago and I am so happy with it.  It was pretty much the last room in the house that met with the paint roller.  And as each other room became cleaner and brighter, the bathroom just looked more and more dreary. The constantly drooping tile edges of the vanity were not a friendly reminder to address the bathroom.


In an effort to help motivate myself, I jumped on the fixture removal, patching, and spackling in one weekend.  However, we then decided that if we were painting, we might as well update the loosely tiled counter and wobbly vessel sink with space-inefficient handles that always pinched my fingers against the wall. Not to mention, the mirror on tilting hinges that stuck out from the wall.  We certainly were not very clear on the original motivations for the (poor) decisions made in our foreclosed treasure of a home. At least the shower is nice!

Either way, I moved along onto taping the frames and edges.  But with the addition of the new counter in the plans, our finish line was extended a few weeks.  We did eventually agree on a very well priced granite counter with sink bowl included from Home Depot and had a contractor we knew install the vanity.  I finally got around to painting it a spa-blue color and with the new brushed nickel faucet and light fixture it took on a whole new life.  Now I am thrilled to relax and refresh in our master bath.



No comments:

Post a Comment