Saturday, August 9, 2014

30DWC: Day 9

Back on track, as difficult as it is. I am posting for the second time today, but the first time truly as the 9th day. I have added some to my previous story, as I hope to continue going forward. It's almost more difficult to continue as my only instinct is to re-read what was done and attempt to improve it. However, I am trying (and struggling) to remember that generally, we are never entirely content with what has been done. There will always be an instinct to nurture and, as with a child, always hope for more and better. So hopefully I can learn to separate a need to reread for clarity and the like from a temptation to re-write entirely. The task here is to come up with a continuous thread for the remainder of my 30 days and I am determined to finish!



Continuing the dream:

My breathing quickens and the room spins about me. The demon laughs, but doesn’t remain. As if being overtaken, his visage is dissipated by that of another. The amorphous blackness condenses and expands like a black cloud until I find myself staring back into dark eyes. Like staring into the mass of leaves atop a great oak in the middle of the night, shades of deep greens contrasted with golden specks of moonlit earth. I knew not this man, but found only relief in his presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment